- Interests, values and relationships of fisheries stakeholders
- Fisheries sustainability
- Fisheries management and politics
- Early-stage researcher at the Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB), Berlin, Germany, within IMPRESS (Improved Production Strategies for Endangered Freshwater Species)
- PhD student at the University of Liverpool, UK. Thesis on sustainability and conflict in small-scale fisheries and development of an assessment framework for the sustainability of small-scale fisheries.
- Trainee at the European Fisheries Control Agency (EFCA) in Vigo, Spain, developing a proposal for the controllability of an EU discard ban
- M.Sc. in Fishery Science and Aquaculture at the Humboldt University Berlin, Germany. Thesis entitled: “Inter-annual variability of feeding of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.) off West Greenland”.
- Studies in statistics, population dynamics and stock assessment at the University of Vigo, Spain, within the Master in Economics, Evaluation and Management of the Marine Environment and Fisheries Resources.
- B.A. in European Studies at the University of Passau, Germany. Thesis entitled: “Between ‘the Free Sea’ and ‘Looting the Oceans’: an international regime to combat illegal fishing?”.